Here at Brothers Custom Cabinets and Furniture – YES, we do countertops, too.
We offer a wide selection of countertop choices, make Brother Cabinets a one-stop cabinet shop.
Our most popular countertop choice, we proudly offer Corian and Staron solid surface countertops. Corian, and Staron, are brand names of solid surface countertop materials. While Corian is the brand name that most people are familiar with, both Corian and Staron offer the same longevity, durability, and long-term beauty, Staron solid surface offers a less expensive, and cost-saving alternative to Corian without giving up any quality.
Both Staron and Corian solid surface:
Our solid surface is 100% acrylic – no polyester or other additives. Acrylic is far less prone to cracking or chipping, and seams are virtually invisible. Polyester is more brittle, more prone to cracks and breaking during fabrication and installation, and seams are more difficult to make and are more visible.
- The color goes through the entire thickness of the material
- Solid surface is non-porous and therefore extremely resistant to stains, mildew, and germs
- Top mounted, under mounted, and seamed in (all-in-one) sink installations are possible
- We can supply and install under-mounted stainless steel sinks, and 100% acrylic seamed-in sinks
Solid surface offers design flexibility:
- Five standard edge profiles, as well as premium edge profiles are available
- Routered-in drainboards are available
- Routered-in metal thermal rods offer a convenient place to place hot pans without worry of damage
- Over 100 colors are available, ranging from light to dark, and many colors include recycled material
- Colors and patterns are more consistent than stone
- Solid surface is easy to care for and can be repaired, if damaged. While severe damage is unlikely to happen, you can rest assured your solid surface countertops can be repaired, if ever needed. Learn more about how to care for your countertops HERE.
STANDARD EDGE PROFILES
BUTCHERBLOCK | WOOD SLAB
Butcherblock offers the warmth of real wood
- Available in maple, sap cherry, select cherry, sap walnut, select walnut
- Oiled finished are perfect for work and food prep surfaces
- Clear conversion varnish finish offers no-hassle beauty
- Butcherblock can be easily sanded and re-oiled when worn
- Visible seams
- Edge grain and end grain options
- When using an undermounted sink, extra caution and extra maintenance will be needed
Exactly what it sounds like, wood slab tops are solid pieces of wood from a single tree
- Wood slab countertops are typically 2″ – 2 ½″ thick
- Can be oiled for lacquer finished
- Availability of materials will vary – sugar pine and redwood are often available
- Can be done with a ‘live edge’ – which is a natural, uneven, rough edge, including the bark of the tree
Laminate countertops offer a wide array of colors and patterns at a budget-friendly price
- Laminate is great for desk areas, laundry areas, and other light-and-medium use spaces
- Visible seams
- Square edge is standard, offering a consistent, uniform look from front edges to ends
- Sinks must be top mounted only